Your christmas shopping made easy, (or the wish-list you can pass on to loved ones)! Whichever it be, I’ve rounded up some of my favourite eco-friendly products so that you can give the good gifts this christmas.
SHOP MY EDIT
1. Bra, Iris London black bra, £70 – The lingerie brand that fuses eco-friendly ethics with romance. Fabrics are hand-picked from British suppliers, and each garment is crafted by expert seamstresses in Derbyshire, England. Sold!
2. Necklace, Auree Initial Pendant, £95 – A brand that believes inspiring, independent women should have jewellery that lives alongside them. Auree support important causes close to their hearts, and in October 2016 launched their first charity collaboration with The London Chatter, which raised over £15,000 for For Rangers in conjunction with Tusk.
3. Red slip dress, Cloe Cassandro, £140 – At Cloe Cassandro all pieces are hand made, hand dyed and hand printed by local Balinese artisans. The philosophy is simple: timeless design and the most beautiful silk chiffon fabrics – produced ethically and to the highest standard.
4. Vegan Watch, Votch Watch, £135 – A cruelty free watch company that launched in London last year, who’s founder – after seeing the suffering of animals for fashion first had – vowed never to wear the skin of another being again. Votch is a beautiful brand, It’s definitely on my wish list this year!
5. Nail Polish, Kure Bazzar, £16 – The first Nail polish to combine ethics of an Eco-natural formula with the vibrant colours of fashion. Based on wood pulp, wheat, cotton, potatoes and corn.
6. Earrings, Bluma Project, $78 – Bluma work with artisans in regions all accross the world, using ancient techniques to craft all the pieces by hand. The resulting designs have an organic, but very modern feel — an east meets west sensibility that bluma project had become known for.
7. Honest Candle, £30 – There’s no need to pack products full of synthetic ingredients when natural ones are far more effective. The Honest brand craft each product by hand and so know exactly what goes into everything they make. Only ever tested on people, not animals.
8. Recycled leather bag, Paperthinks, £85 – People love leather, but sadly most leather products came directly from countries where the welfare of the animal is at the bottom of the list of priorities, and the process of adding the tannins to dye the leather often resulted in carcinogenic chromium (VI) polluting the water table. Paperthinks use recycled leather that is made from the off cuts, trimmings and shavings of the wastage of other leather manufacturing processes. Reducing the wastage going into landfill sites and also saving other animals.
9. Shoes, Ops & Ops, £240 – A London based design duo who use only the best leathers and quality fabrics. Work closely with a family-run factory in Portugal who handcraft their shoes.
10. Socks, Marimekko umina ankle socks, £20 – Marimekko pride themselves on always being fair to everyone and everything. A brand that creates products that have bold brush strokes and cause the minimum of environmental impacts.
11. Cookbook, “A Simple Table”, £16.99 – Grounded in the belief that ‘less is more’, A Simple Table is about a shared love for a natural, balanced and sustainable way of living, good food and drink, and the simple measures we can take to have a healthier body and mind.
12. Bath Salts, Guy Morgan Apothecary, £24 – Based in London, Guy Morgan Apothecary makes all skincare products by hand from natural botanical ingredients and is committed to recycling and the re-use of packaging.
13. Vegan Things Badge, Etsy, £13 – Just because it’s cute!
15. Organge Keyholder, Denise Roobol, £25 – Minimalistic and functional design in combination with the usage of vegan materials make Denise an absolute earlybird in the cruelty-free arena. She wanted to create something new in order to convince & inspire people showing that fashion accessories can be vegan friendly.
16. Lulu Guinness Natalia Clutch, £265 – A chic everyday option, the Natalia clutch from Lulu Guinness has polished gold hardware and a boxy exterior. Wear with the gold tone chain for cross-body wear or detach it completely to carry yours as a clutch.